Student wellbeing at our school is a collaborative partnership between all staff, the family and the school and parish community.
St Kevin’s is a Be You school in which student wellbeing is at the forefront of all that we do.
The framework for our student wellbeing program provides a flexible, whole-school approach to improving student's mental health and wellbeing by:
- Creating positive school communities founded on respectful relationships and a sense of belonging and inclusion
- Teaching students skills for good social and emotional development
- Working together with families
- Recognising and getting help for students with mental health problems.
“In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work - brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment” (Dweck, 2015).
At St Kevin’s, we believe every student can and will learn.
- We acknowledge the importance of planning, taking on challenges, failing and trying new approaches
- We help students to set personal learning goals
- We encourage the use of positive language around learning, making mistakes, failure and collaboration.